You have just received your admissions decision – you got in! Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off. Before you go on to be fully indulged in this exuberant feeling you are most likely experiencing at the moment, here are some bits of advice from a person who was just in your place about a year ago:
- Don’t forget to thank your family – family comes first, always.
- Also don’t forget to thank your teachers – your education is a major component of why you are where you are now.
- Please don’t get too excited (and start doing things such as posting an insane amount on your class page). Trust me, I learned this the hard way.
- Use this exhilaration as motivation to strive for the best in your studies. You’ve seen what hard work can do for you through your acceptance; keep on pushing!
- Don’t feel the need rep your university colors 24/7; you’re already in and you and probably everyone you’re friends with on Facebook already knows that (I learned this the hard way as well).
- Destroy those midterms, finals, AP’s and IB’s.
- Live, laugh, love, smile.